5 Seeds to Include in Your Weight Loss Diet
When it comes to weight loss programs, plans, and recommended diets, no matter which one you choose to try out, it is almost always recommended that you include and consume nuts on a regular basis.
This is due to the fact that they have a lot of fibre, a lot of fat, and you only need a handful for it to be a healthy snack.
Now while nuts are amazing for you, they can be difficult to digest and portion out, which makes seeds a much better option.
Beyond this, seeds have just as much, if not more, fibre and minerals than nuts and come with a lower density, meaning you can consume less of them to feel full.
With this said, we are going to explore which five seeds should be included in your weight loss diet and why.
|5 Seeds to Include in Your Weight Loss Diet|
1. Chia Seeds: these are an incredibly good source of omega-3 fats, fiber, Thiamine, Magnesium, and Manganese.
They are known to reduce appetite, decrease blood sugar levels, and decrease levels of inflammation in the body.
For one ounce of chia seeds (28g), you are going to get 30% of your daily intake of Magnesium and Manganese, 4.9 and 1.6 grams of Omega-3 and 6 fats, as well as 4.4 grams of protein and 10.6 grams of fiber all for 137 calories.
2. Flax Seeds: these are high in Magnesium, Thiamine, and Manganese and are known to help reduce bad (LDL) cholesterol, reduce blood pressure, and can even reduce markers of tumour growth in women and prostate cancer in men.
For one ounce of flax seeds (28g), you are going to get 28% of your daily intake of Magnesium and 35% Manganese, 6.5 and 1.7 grams of Omega-3 and 6 fats, as well as 5.2 grams of protein and 7.8 grams of fibre all for 152 calories.
3. Pumpkin Seeds: these are a really good source of phosphorus, omega-6 fats, and monounsaturated fats.
They are known to help lower blood cholesterol, reduce your risk of bladder stones, and help with overactive bladder issues.
For one ounce of pumpkin seeds (28g), you are going to get 37% of your daily intake of Magnesium and 42% Manganese, with 33% of your RDI of phosphorus.
It also contains 6 grams of Omega-6 fats, as well as 7 grams of protein and 1.7 grams of fiber all for 151 calories.
4. Sunflower Seeds: these have high levels of omega-6 fats and monounsaturated fats which help reduce cholesterol levels and inflammation in the body.
For one ounce of sunflower seeds (28g), you are going to get 23% of your daily magnesium, 27% of your daily manganese, 47% of your Vitamin E, 6.4g of omega-6 fats, 5.8g of protein, and 2.4g of fibre all with only 164 calories.
5. Sesame Seeds: these are known to reduce inflammation in the body, remove oxidative stress, and improve the hormone status of estrogen.
In postmenopausal women, eating sesame seeds regularly can also help lower blood cholesterol.
For one ounce of sesame seeds (28g), you are going to get 25% of your daily magnesium, 34% of your daily manganese, 57% of your copper, 6g of omega-6 fats, 5g of protein, and 3.3g of fibre all with only 160 calories.
All in all, seeds are an amazing source of fibre, antioxidants, and healthy fats which can be used to reduce inflammation in the body, remove stress, and reduce bad levels of cholesterol.